Monday, July 15, 2013

Car Window Sticker Scene

 Have you ever spent an afternoon scraping stickers off your car window? If you have kids you have probably done this (and cursed those stickers all along the way.) At the same time how tempting can it be to toss a pack of stickers in the back to your squirmy little ones on a long car ride??

 I wanted to find a way to allow the kids to have this fun activity, but not have to pay for it later with all the window scraping. Contact paper! Of course! It was super easy for me to set up a fun sticker scene in the car for my kids and after our long car ride I can just peel it right off and the kids can save it, toss it or even re-stick it to their bedroom window. Ahhh....a mama dilemma solved, now onto the teenage years.

 So, all I did to make this happen was cut a sheet of contact paper to fit in the backseat window. I used Sharpie's to create a fun scene (this is a great way to get the kids excited about the destination they are headed to, as well.) We were off to the beach on this day!

 Once my scene was done I just peeled off the paper backing and stuck it to the window.

Emma had her stickers in hand and we were off! Car sanity saved!

For more details on this check out my full tutorial over at Kiwi Crate.

No comments:

Post a Comment